Penny and Bolt have been captured by the evil Dr. Calico, suspended above a pool of lava, inside a heavily guarded warehouse on an island in the middle of nowhere - a base which is impenetrable to both people and dogs. Penny's father watches the events from his lab through a secret camera imbedded in Bolts collar and worries that he cannot save her. Discovering that no man or dog can break into Dr. Calico's base, he turns to Rhino, who is watching TV in the background. In order to save Penny and Bolt, Rhino is put through the same procedure as Bolt to give him super-powers.
Rhino uses his newly found powers to fly across the sea and crash land outside the armed base encased in his ball. Rhino's battle with the guard is witnessed by Penny, Bolt and Dr. Calico from the inside, with helicopters and cars crashing into the side of the building. As all the noise subsides a single knock on the door is heard and not receiving an answer Rhino uses his heat-vision to create an opening in the wall.
On the inside Rhino uses his eye-beams to defeat the armed guards and commandeers a flying missile, riding it like a surfboard to aim at Dr. Calico, though the missile misses. Instead Rhino uses his super squeek ability to finish the villain off. With Penny and Bolt saved Rhino walks away.
Rhino is next seen on stage performing The Best of Both Worlds; the theme song from Hannah Montana (by co-star Miley Cyrus), where it is revealed that Rhino has been dreaming his adventures all along.
- Miley Cyrus as Penny
- Mark Walton as Rhino
- Susie Essman as Mittens
- Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Calico
- Randy Savage as Thug
- Sean Donnellan as Penny's TV dad
- In the short, Bolt doesn't speak at all. He merely whimpers.
- The neuron shot appears to have been copied straight from Bolt.
- With the release of this short, Mittens is the only animal character that has not had superpowers.
- Rhino repeats his drawing a face on the inside surface of his ball, but it is a frown this time.
- The tag is the same as Bolt's but it has Rhino's name on it instead.
- Instead of a lightning bolt in the "O" on the tag, it is the blob mark on Rhino's side.
- At the beginning of the short, Rhino is shown watching TV and the program appears to be a workout show of some sort.